November 2020

Book ranking ( in chronological order) + pages read:

Find you in the darkness by Alfa – 187  pages ☆☆☆☆ ( Finished)

Pillow thoughts by Courtney Peppernell – 256 pages ☆☆☆ ( Finished) 

The sun and her flowers by Rupi Kaur- 248 pages ☆☆☆☆ ( Finished)

My whole truth by Mischa Thrace – 114/ 315 pages ☆☆☆ ( In progress) 

Reading rate:

Total pages read: 805 pages read

805 pages/ 30 days  ≈  27 pages per day

805 pages/ 7 days  ≈  115 pages per week 

I Find You in the Darkness by Alfa Holden
Pillow Thoughts | Rakuten Kobo Australia
The Sun and Her Flowers: Amazon.ca: Kaur, Rupi: Books
My Whole Truth by Mischa Thrace

Reflection:

This month I found myself reading a lot less than I did last month. I found myself not making time to read like I did last month. I am not sure if this was because of all the COVID cases going around at school I found myself distracted by all of that or whether it was because of all the final assignments and tests I received in all my class as the semester is almost coming to an end. I found that in this reading ladder I read more poetry as it is easier to read as there is no story line to follow. I am not super happy with myself this month as I wasn’t able to complete my goal from last month but I will keep trying to achieve this goal, as now that we are learning from home I find myself having more time to read. 

Review:

Find you in the darkness – ☆☆☆☆

Reading I find you the darkness, the author put all my emotions into place. Reading this poetry book really made me experience all the emotions of love,heartbreak, and soul connection even though I have never really experienced these emotions. The way the author put all of their experience made me feel like I was in their shoes and just reading like the person who was experiencing all of these emotions created this magical experience.

Pillow thoughts – ☆☆☆

Pillow thoughts was another poetry book I read. In this book the author decided to write inside of a mind of a lover, heartbreaker, and the heartbroken. In this book each section captured the emotions of each person’s mind very well. While reading this I could also put myself inside the shoes of each person although I have never experienced love or a heartbreak reading this book really made me feel like I did. 

The sun and her flowers – ☆☆☆☆

Reading Rupi Kaur was a whole experience itself, the way she connects her sections makes reading her book a whole experience.  Reading this book showed me the journey and process of healing and growth of a person. This book was written in five sections, each section of the book had a different theme of healing and growth which brought my attention. This also made it easy to connect her thought process of her writing. Also reading this book helped me get a better understanding of who she is as a writer which helped me alot when I was creating my writers seminar.

My whole truth – ☆☆☆

My whole truth is a novel I started, I haven’t finished the novel yet but so far it is interesting. The story line is slowly unfolding which keeps it’s suspense factor up. Unlike most murder mystry novels I have read I must say this one started of on a very different foot which is why it is interesting to read.  There are some parts in the book where I did find myself getting bored but I want to finish this book so I will keep reading to finish it. 

Goal:

My goal for the next reading ladder is to increase my reading rate by 10 pages, this is because I failed to do this reading ladder so I decided to reset this goal for me again. I also want to read more novels instead of poetry books as well.  I know I will be able to achieve this goal as we are now doing school from home which means I have more time in the evening’s to read as I am not crammed with  as much homework anymore. This creates the perfect opportunity to read lot’s of books. I also know that I have the capability to read more next month. I just need to encourage myself as sometimes I get demotivated to not read. 

Citations:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39970074-i-find-you-in-the-darkness

https://www.kobo.com/au/en/ebook/pillow-thoughts

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36330412-my-whole-truth