Inspired by a quote written by Albert Camus.

When I was a child I was told the perfect man should shower you with invincible love.

And I believed it.

Every book I read, the pages perched that every woman should expect invincible love from a man.

And I believed it.

The movies documented and created this reality that every woman should be blessed with a man’s invincible love.

And I believed it.

But where was my invincible love? 

My mind, My body, Everything of mine longed for it.

I needed it. 

But where was it?  

The walls of hope I had built were all shattered in seconds,

Every page I preached,

Every minute I documented,

Every second I spent locked in my fantasy of this invincible love came tumbling down as reality came into check. 

It was all lies.

Lies.

Invincible love.

No.

Invincible lies.

Meaning: 

I wrote this poem inspired by a quote written by Albert Camus, the quote went like this. “ My dear in the midst of hate, I found there was within me, an invincible love. In the midst of tears, I found there was within me, an invincible smile. In the midst of chaos, I found there was within me, an invincible calm. I realized through it all… In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better pushing right back.” From this quote, the phrase Invincible love”   really stuck out and from that, I was inspired to write my poem. The meaning behind this poem is that in our world authors and directors have created this fantasy that the world showers you with love and everyone will receive this love but the harsh truth is that we don’t get anything like that. As a child, I was always told that the world will treat you right if you treat others the same way, and all the books I read agreed with this argument. But as I became older I learned the ugly truth of the world. Not only as children are we taught this but as girls as well. Society has created this expectation for us that when we get older the perfect man is out there waiting to sweep us off our feet but the reality is that it is not true. All the fairy tales and movies we have watched have simply created this fake expectation. As young kids, we have this high expectation as we enter the world that our man will come in shining armor and will save us from this harsh world but the truth is that we are all alone in this fight against the world. 

الم تقل انك تحبني ؟ هذه ايضا كذبة ♤ هه نفسي اني حقا اسفة يبدو باني تاخرت  باستكشاف الضلال الذي أوهِمتُ به هه على اي … | Anime hands, Aesthetic anime,  Anime scenery

Citations:

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/704954147901442796/

https://davidbaptistechirot.blogspot.com/2018/07/anime-sad-love-gif.html

4 thoughts on “Invincible Love”

1. Dear Karishma,

I absolutely enjoyed reading this piece. I loved how you turned the idea of invicible love into invincible lie. I totally agree with you on how fairy tales, books, shows, and movies have solidified the idea of us meeting our lover that was promised to us. The poem itself was extremely well done. I especially loved the tone that you set at the beginning as it helps sets the mood of this piece. Your description was done really well too. By voicing out your thoughts, you help connect with readers as I’m sure they’ve also thought the same thing.

As for feedback, I say much about your poem as it was done excellently. If anything, try varying your sentence structure a bit more. The explanation was also done extremely well. My advice for you is to watch out for punctuation. Without them, it makes your sentences seem run-on and can make the reader feel “tired” if you know what I mean.
    Overall, this was poem was fabulous and your works have never failed to disappoint me. I hope to read more of your works in the future.

Sincerely,
    Jordan

1. Dear Jordan,
      Thank you for reading my post I appreciate all the feedback you have gotten back to me with.For my next piece I will keep your feedback in mind and make sure I am keeping my punctuation in check and making sure that I don’t leave the wrong message for the reader. Thank you so much for the feedback I look forward to read more of your work.

Sincerely,
      Karishma

2. Dear Karishma,

I loved this piece, especially the ending, when you switched it from Invincible love to Invincible Lies.
    The unexpected lies from childhood can shatter an adulthood, and I love that this was your theme. This is a very interesting piece and I hope to read more in the future from you.

Sincerely,
    Arsh

1. Dear Arsh,

Thank you for you feedback, I am really glad that you found my piece very interesting!

I hope to be able to read your piece in the future!

Sincerely,
      Karishma